Thursday, February 28, 2013

Discovering my inner princess

  I see myself becoming a runDisney groupie for the rest of my life.  Quite frankly, I cannot think of a better vacation.  My hesitation in paying the $140 in race fees in addition to shelling out some big bucks for a family vacation at the "Happiest Place on Earth" were put to rest after running the Disney Princess Half-Marathon this past Sunday.  The weather was awful and closely resembled the humidity of Virginia Beach Rock and Roll 13.1 Labor Day weekend.  I was miserable in parts of it from the weather and the crowds (35,000 participants!) and the sheer fact that I forgot to bring my inhaler did not help things.

  But when Cinderella's Fairy Godmother sends you off with her magic words as some awesome fireworks light the sky, cool characters greet you on the course, throngs of supporters cheer you on as you run in the shadow of Cinderella's Castle, and Mickey and Minnie high-fiving you at the finish, it's super hard to not have fun on this race!  With the nifty Princess button they provide you (or with the even cooler Princess medal on), it's pretty cool getting greeted with "Good luck on your race," "Congratulations, Your Highness" or "Thank you for running, Princess."  One could definitely get used to being treated like a princess!  Add to that a Royal Family 5k through the World Showcase at Epcot that the whole family participated in the day before, super cool!

  Best.  Race.  Ever!


With my fellow princess, Katie


Hello Lightning!

It's good to be bad!


Storming the castle!


Getting our Buzz on!

Captain Jack Sparrow--need I say more?


Awesome hardware for the whole family!
  So totally planning the next Disney race.  Goofy Challenge in 2015 anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment